Host Paula Jenkins takes a look at the ways to reconnect with your purpose and lists five ways to find your joy in this solocast episode. She reflects on her recent interview with Paul Selig, and seeing Danielle LaPorte while touring for White Hot Truth
Career Coaches Michelle Ward and Laura Simms join host Paula Jenkins to talk about creating the career of your dreams. They share how to live past the excuses and find the spark and joy that can help you find a career or launch a business that you love. Learn all about:
See all of the show notes at www.jumpstartyourjoy.com/episode89
Host Paula Jenkins shares four ways to find what fits in your life, exploring the work of Tara Mohr and Pema Chodron. Discover how commiting to yourself. gaining inspiration from gift goals, trusting in what calls to you, and finding a community.
This week, Andrea Scher joins me to share all about so many magical and joyful things, and how to find more of that magic and joy in your life. You may know Andrea from her blog, Superhero life, or from the popular and life changing class, Mondo Beyondo. She also just started her own podcast, The Creative Superheroes Podcast, which I have been enjoying immensely. She has an ease and a joy about her that just draws you in, and I know you’re going to love this episode because we hit it off. This week she shares all about how to live a delightful, curious, joyful superhero life.
In this episode, Andrea and I talk about:
- How creating jewelry and blogging led to her working with photography and creating a community
- How she brings as much joy and magic as possible to what she does
- Her experience with grief, and how it’s been clarifying for her, both in life and on the podcast
- That joy is about connection
- The creation of Mondo Beyondo with Jen Lemen, and how that class came about
- How to the law of attraction has played a role in her life
- How to differentiate between what you REALLY want, and what does not fit for you, based on your body based, or somatic responses
- Her recent 21 Days of Magic class, and how she’s created a magical class for people who want to access their own creativity in new ways
- All about her wish tree, which she created out of simple supplies from Staples outside her house
- That we have the choice of making our days magical and joyful
- What harmony looks like for Andrea, and how being a part time parent has opened up new ways of being for her
- How to jumpstart your joy - by listening to the little whispers, and noticing what catches your attention.
This is the third week of May’s “Finding What Fits, and I’m thrilled to have Sarah von Bargen joining me today! The theme for May is “Finding what Fits;” where we’re taking a look at how to find what feels right for you in career, money, and life. You may know Sarah from her inspiring “Yes and Yes” blog; and what you may not know is that she’s recently launched a “More Money More Happy” bootcamp, where she shares how to create a relationship with money that leads to well, more money, and more happiness. This episode is all about discovering more money and more happy, right now.
Host Paula Jenkins discusses four steps for you to find what fits in your life in this solocast episode. Following these steps will lead to more joy, happiness, and contentment in your life by working with inspiration, intention, action, and courage.
Guest Jennifer Lee, author of the Right Brain Business Plan, joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about how to create a business you love, one that is built with heart and respect.
This week, rounding out Courage Month, I’m joined by Kate Courageous. She’s a life coach, creator of the <a href="http://tribeclcc.com/ref/5/" target="_blank">Courageous Living Coach Certification</a>, the Coaching Blueprint, and the author of Your Courageous Life. I’ve worked with Kate for the last couple of years as a mentor coach in her coach certification program, and she is a powerhouse of knowledge, and as she says “Practicing Courage is her expertise, Teaching others to make courage a habit is her vocation.” Kate joins me this week to share all about the the four steps of habit creation, and how courage and neuroscience can impact your ability to form new habits. She and I always have an amazing time together and I know you’ll want to catch this interview.
Guest Stephanie Dalfonzo joins Paula Jenkins to talk about choosing love over fear, choosing joy, the law of attraction, joy as the highest level of emotions, how to face stress and anxiety, and a breathing practice for stress.
Deirdre Fentem of Little Red Promotions joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about the courage it takes to market yourself, and how to make yourself shine in social media. She shares about becoming an entrepreneur, and working in anti-human trafficking.
Host Paula Jenkins shares about Saying Yes to Courage, and the four ways to follow courage in your life. She weaves in examples of the courage displayed by the lead character of Moana in this fun & light hearted look at courageously following your heart.
Guest Iman Gatti joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about the courage of facing trauma and grief, and share her own journey of being orphaned at age 6, to go on to become a coach, grief recovery counselor, and motivational speaker.
This week, I’m really thrilled to have Helen McLaughin on the show. She’s a curiosity coach, and in the last two years she’s gone from having a 9 to 5 job as an executive assistant to being a coach, getting married, and living full time on the road. I wanted to talk to her about what it’s like, finding a foundation while living a life that is constantly in motion. I know you’ll love hearing her answer!
In this episode we talk about:
- Helen’s love of creating and making books as “places for stories to live” as a little girl
- How growing up as a Highly Sensitive Person (HSP) meant she found joys in places that were safe and comfortable for her, with her family
- How she shed the worry of doing everything right, by “reframing it all as an experiment”
- Curiosity as a foundation for life and work
- Traveling for her husband’s work, and living on the road in an RV
- Writing as a foundation and touchstone each week, no matter where she is
- How her business (and mine) felt natural, as we both followed what felt natural and fun
- How having a weekly newsletter has been grounding, week to week
- That creating, connecting, and moving each day supports harmony
Get all the show notes and links at jumpstartyourjoy.com/episode74
Connie Curtis joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about gluten free living, and how to thrive and love a gluten free life style. Connie is a allergy and gluten free specialist.
This week is a solocast about a mashup of things: first, Paula shares about her experience at the Women’s March this last weekend in San Francisco, and then dives into the importance of taking time each year to take inventory of your life, see what’s working, and do what she likes to call, some “pruning.”
Here are the five ways of crafting your most awesome year yet, from this episode:
1. Do you have room on your plate?
2. What is it that you want to do with this one, precious life?
3. What do you want the focus of this year to be?
4. What have you created in the past that now needs new room, in the present?
5. What is your word for the year?
See all the notes at www.jumpstartyourjoy.com/episode70
Guest Deb Cooperman joins host Paula Jenkins to share about journaling as a great way to get in touch with the true you. She explains how to start journaling each day, how to get past blocks, and how it's a great tool for people in the new year.
Jo Casey joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about mindfulness. Jo also shares about her journey starting a coaching business, and how new coaches navigate the territory of becoming an entrepreneur. Full notes: bit.ly/joyep68
In the midst of the shifting world events, I’ve felt weighed down recently. In this episode, I’ll talk about how it takes real courage to follow a muse like Joy in hard times, and following joy, and love, and our own hearts is more important now, than ever before. I’ve spent a lot of time mulling over why joy has felt so awkward recently, and why it still beckons me on. And, I’ve found a lot of uplifting quotes and thoughts from others to share with you, too.
1. Define what’s true for you - regardless of what else may feel uncertain, what do you know is true for you, right now?
2. Take comfort that it’s perfectly OK (and natural) to grieve or feel sadness at the same time as you feel excitement or joy.
3. Take action: joy is an act of defiance and self care
4. Take action: caring for others spreads joy
5. Baby steps: Joy builds more joy. Little Bits of joy brought to life make room for more joy in your life
6. Look at joy in a new way: explore what joy looks like at the crossroads of whatever else you’re feeling
Christy Tending joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about how courage and vulnerability can add depth and beauty to your life, and lead you to a place that is lovingly and completely human.
In this solocast episode, I'm diving head first into how you can find your inner calm in the midst of this chaotic Presidential Election. To set the stage, this episode is focusing on what's going on behind the emotions and intensity of this election, and what each of us can do recenter ourselves. Whether you support Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump, it's likely that you are feeling fearful about the outcome of the election. So let's take a look at what you can do, even when it feels like there aren't a lo of options.
Michelle McQuaid joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about the science of positive psychology. We talk about grit, wellbeing, the mastery curve, and why mindfully choosing joy is good for your health.
Host Paula Jenkins shares around what failure can teach you about finding balance in your life. What happens when you label something as a "failure?" How can you get past the right and wrong thinking and see failure as a healthy thing?
Tess Blankenship joins host Paula Jenkins to share about the joys of delegation, hiring virtual teams, freelancing and entrepreneurship. We chat about creating process, and knowing when and how to hire for business growth.
Lara Heacock and Stephanie Ducharme join host Paula Jenkins to talk about courage, imperfection, perfectionism, and the vulnerability, love, and awareness it takes to drop the mask and live our true lives.
In this Season 2 opener, host Paula Jenkins and Christy Tennery-Spalding discuss balance, your internal landscape, & external processes (including breathing and meditation practices), and processes to support balance. We introduce our Roots & Wings class.