Sharon Aldeguer joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about embracing joy and living her bucket list after having brain surgery to remove a large tumor. An inspiring and love filled interview.
Melissa Sue Tucker of Addiction Support Podcast and Sixty Seconds of Solitude joins host Paula Jenkins to talk about facing addiction support with love, compassion, and kindness.
In this episode, I speak with Dave Asprey, creator of Bulletproof Coffee, is the best selling author, tech industry veteran, bio-hacker, podcaster, and the CEO of Bulletproof Nutrition. His company recently received 9 million dollars in funding, and he's just opened his first brick and mortar Bulletproof Coffee shop in Santa Moncia, along with launching a line of products that are in Whole Foods.
I'm grateful for the opportunity to sit down with Dave, to chat about life. We were classmates at UC Santa Barbara, where we both lived in the San Rafael dorms during our sophomore year of college. We take an interesting (if not somewhat hilarious) trip down memory lane, revisiting our time in the dining commons, and talking about what's gotten Dave to where he is today.
In this episode, we chat about:
- what Dave was like in college
- how Dave created spoof flyers for our dorm regarding the famed UCSB Halloween celebration
- what he thinks of dorm food
- why fear and loathing was a motivator for his bio-hacking
- his experience at an intense 10 day retreat, and a cool exercise he tried there
- how fear can be a motivator
- his thoughts on why Bulletproof Coffee took off the way it did
- what it's been like to become a recognized personality with the rise of Bulletproof
- his philosophy on creating content for people, whether it be a podcast, book, or blogpost
- how to change the world
- if joy can be hacked
Here are just a few of the items we chat about - and some great sites to visit:
The Bulletproof Diet - Dave's best selling book, available on Amazon
The Bulletproof Executive - the main site for All Things Bulletproof
Moldy Movie - Dave's self funded movie about mold and it's effect on people
If you want to learn more about the coaching program I mention, it's The Courageous Coaching Training Program. Stop by and visit Kate and tell her Paula sent you :)
Dr. Aimee Eyvazzadeh is the founder of the Egg Freezing Party, and goes by the nickname "The Egg Whisperer." She's an fertility specialist in Northern California, and she works with women and couples to help them realize their dream of having a child. Recently, she has introduced the concept of an "Egg Freezing Party" to the Bay Area; the idea being that women take the proactive step of having eggs harvested and frozen during their prime reproductive years so that they have more options around having children in the future. In the last year, both Apple and Facebook have announced that they will cover the costs of the related procedures for egg freezing for their employees.
Dr. Aimee has a wonderful outlook and an inspiring, no nonsense way about her. She's leading the charge to talk about some traditionally taboo topics around women's reproductive options, and she's doing so with grace, open-ness, and love. It's important that women know their options, and understand how egg health impacts their abilities to later have children. Her stance is that "Education = Choices = Empowerment" and she is standing at the forefront of educating women on their options.
She and I met many years ago, when she was friends with my younger sister. It's been a joy and a pleasure seeing her practice grow. And, such a delight getting to speak to her this week.
In this episode, Aimee and I talk about:
- the events that influenced her early in her life to want to become an OB/GYN
- how she got the nickname the Egg Whisperer
- what happens at an Egg Freezing Party
- her work to assist transgendered teen, Cole Carman, in collecting eggs before undergoing gender reassignment
- how her job involves high amounts of stress, and how she copes with it
- her recent weight loss and how that has changed her outlook on life
- how she embraces a positive mental attitude, and wakes up wanting to make the most of each day
- her advice on bringing your own dream into action, based on the advice of her own mentor
- how she makes a mindful choice, every day, to sparkle and bring joy to patients lives, knowing that IVF and trying to conceive can be difficult times in a women's life
- her thoughts on how you can jump start your own joy
The Egg Freezing Party website.
The Egg Whisperer's website.
NBC Bay Area's story on Cole Carman: Click here to watch.
Upcoming Egg Freezing Parties: Thursday, September 17 in San Francisco and Saturday, September 19 in Sacramento. Click here to sign up.
The post Episode 2: Dr. Aimee Eyvazzadeh of ‘Egg Freezing Party’ on Choosing to Sparkle Every Day appeared first on Jump Start Your Joy.