Singer songwriter Morgan Bolender of viral hit Mary Oliver joins host Paula Jenkins to share about her journey from special ed teacher to full time musician on Kona, Hawaii.
In this lookback episode, Danny Wood of New Kids on the Block shares about his foundation, Remember Betty, Donnie Wahlberg and Joey McIntyre and his solo album "Look at Me." Features the single "Hold On."
In today's episode, I interview Earl Rivard, a musician, songwriter, and retreat leader. Earl has released three CDs, and is currently studying to be an operatic singer. In addition to his work in music, he leads retreats, and he and I have worked together for the past decade. Earl loves stories, loves the places where the sacred and story and life come together. He is a troubadour in the classic sense, with the roots of his his art in his mother's native Argentina, while singing around campfires, with friends and family, always with community.
It was fun interviewing someone I know so well, and I learned a ton about Earl's background and his interests. Thank you, Earl, for your friendship, your inspiration, your music, and for joining me on Jump Start Your Joy.
In this episode, you'll learn about:
- how being blind has formed his personality and shaped him
- how a trip to South America during high school introduced him to the joy of music
- Earl's advice on recording your own album, and what his secret weapon has been
- his happiest childhood memories
- his time in an A cappella group at UC Berkeley, and how he sees A cappella music as a metaphor for life
- his faith and how that has transformed him
- Earl's ideas on how to bring your dream into action
Earl Rivard's website
Links to purchase Earl's CDs
A Playlist of Earl's music on YouTube
The post Episode 7: Musician Earl Rivard on Sharing Stories through Song and Music appeared first on Jump Start Your Joy.