Inspired by the Erica Cordea's presentation at She Podcasts Live, in this episode I'm reflecting on how you can use the inspiration, intention, and action framework to embrace Imperfect Allyship and the work of dismantling racism.
1. Show up in "imperfect ally-ship"
Learn more about this from Erica Cordea at Pause on the Play or tune into Erica on Amy Porterfield's Online Marketing Made Easy podcast.
2. Keep working, and doing the work, while acknowledging that "The line of progress is never straight."
You can read more about this, which is in Martin Luther King, Jr's "Where do we go from here?"
3. Be mindful of intent AND Impact
Jamie Utt talks about this on Everyday Feminism
4. Provide feedback to other allies in a way that the person can hear it.
When sharing feedback with other white allies; insight from Kathryn Britton in Positive Psychology News.
5. Honor that "the hidden work is the heart work is the hard work." Doing the work doesn't need to be done real-time or publicly. Doing the work means I will share learnings and resources.
Read about this quote from Ashlee Eiland on Instagram.