Click here to get email notifications for each episode.
Jess Ekstrom is the energetic CEO and founder of Headbands of Hope, and the developer of the Mic Drop Workshop. I had the pleasure of meeting Jess in Atlanta last year, and knew from the moment she shared the mission of her company (and it only further made me love her when she quoted Will Ferrell) that I wanted to talk to her more, and to have her on the show.
Jess Ekstrom and I talk about:
- Her earliest sparks of joy: food, and going on a scavenger hunt for a new skateboard that had her name spray painted on it
- How she started Headbands of Hope
- The insights she learned working for Make a Wish, and having met the owner of Toms shoes as she was creating her company
- Sometimes the things that are most earth shattering and game changing are the simplest
- How to get to inspiration from frustration
- Her Mic Drop workshop, and how it fills the need of having more women speakers at conferences and conventions
- Why we both love Will Ferrell and how we feel that he creates connection with others through humor
- What schools and parents can do to provide children with a more well rounded point of view and better life skills
- Her upcoming book, which is due out in November 2019
- How to jump start joy in your life: unplug: remove yourself from the screen, play more, and develop a writing habit
Jess Ekstrom’s Headbands of Hope website
Jess Ekstrom’s Mic Drop Workshop website