In the midst of the shifting world events, Iâ€™ve felt weighed down recently. In this episode, Iâ€™ll talk about how it takes real courage to follow a muse like Joy in hard times, and following joy, and love, and our own hearts is more important now, than ever before. Iâ€™ve spent a lot of time mulling over why joy has felt so awkward recently, and why it still beckons me on. And, Iâ€™ve found a lot of uplifting quotes and thoughts from others to share with you, too.
1. Define whatâ€™s true for you - regardless of what else may feel uncertain, what do you know is true for you, right now?
2. Take comfort that itâ€™s perfectly OK (and natural) to grieve or feel sadness at the same time as you feel excitement or joy.
3. Take action: joy is an act of defiance and self care
4. Take action: caring for others spreads joy
5. Baby steps: Joy builds more joy. Little Bits of joy brought to life make room for more joy in your life
6. Look at joy in a new way: explore what joy looks like at the crossroads of whatever else youâ€™re feeling