The author of “You Were Not Born to Suffer,” Blake Bauer and Paula talk about the themes of initiation, struggle, and hardship as a path to knowing yourself and finding your purpose wove through the conversation and finding joy in the messy middle.
In this episode, Blake and I talk about:
- Early joys of falling in love
- His “initiation” into adulthood in high school, when he was arrested for a DUI and was deep into addiction and drug use.
- How he found his way back to his own purpose and center after a rough time in his teen years
- Getting curious about your interests, and giving yourself permission to follow them
- What to do when you feel that your energy, blood, or emotions are stuck
Get all the show notes and a full transcript at the website.
Sign up for Newsletter on my website.